The learning objectives and responsibilities are as follows:
* Students will be assigned to Producers during commercial and promotion shoots.
* Students will become familiar with DVC Pro Camera & Sony Beta Camera, studio & field lighting, and wireless and/or hard-wire microphones.
* Observe editing sessions and learn non-linear editing techniques on Avid.
* Learn how to write a commercial script, make DVD’s and tape dubs.
* Coordinate between media companies for promotional events.
* Help produce a weekly public affairs program
* Learn how to plan, form a proposal and execute promotions for the station.
* Shadow Producers during production meetings.
* Must be a full-time Junior or Senior at an accredited college or university.
* Or must be in the Second Year at a Technical school or Community College.
* Must receive academic credit for participation (internships are non-paid).
* Must work a minimum of 8 hours per week (max. 20 hours).
* Should have a basic understanding of:
* Camera operations
* Editing (linear/non-linear)
* Marketing and promotions
* Internet Explorer and MS Office programs
* Preferred: Photo Shop, Avid, Beta, and DVC pro tape systems
KRCW believes in equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected classification.
Qualified Candidates: Send cover letter and resume to Recruiter, Portland’s CW, 10255 SW Arctic Dr., Beaverton, OR 97005, or fax to (971) 223-0457.